1) What were the goals of California missions? How did Indigenous peoples resist during the time period of the missions? Be sure to provide specific examples.
2) How does the term “Manifest Destiny” relate to the chapter “Sea to Shining Sea” from our textbook? Be sure to provide specific examples from the textbook.
3) What was Deborah Miranda’s argument in “Lying to Children about the California Missions and the Indians” article? What stood out to you, and why?
4) How does your K-12 education relate to the experiences mentioned in Lim’s article on “Educating Elementary School Children About California Missions and Genocide”? Why might the ways missions are taught be problematic? How might this problem be resolved, specifically what does Lim advocate for in the article?
5) What stood out to you in the article “What the ‘California Dream’ Means to Indigenous Peoples”? What does the “California Dream” mean to Indigenous peoples, and what solution does the author suggest?
6) Provide a quick analysis of Bob Marley’s “Buffalo Soldier” based on the history covered in this week’s materials. This analysis is open to your own interpretation and creativity! Please include lyrics and examples from our materials to build meaningful connections.
7) Lastly, since this is our very last discussion blog, please take a moment to reflect on what we’ve learned so far. What do you predict we’ll be learning in our final Module 6 and how will these materials connect to the materials we’ve already covered? What did you find to be the most important take-aways from the course so far? What was most interesting or personally meaningful to you, and why?
Here are the links to help with the questions. For number 2 it is referring to the chapter starting on page 117 and i attached the book as well.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here