1. Select a disease process that interests you. DISEASE IS PNEUMONIA
2. Write a 2-3 page paper (excluding title and reference pages).
a. Introduction of disease – 20 points/20%
- One paragraph (approximately 200 words)
- Includes disease description
- Includes epidemiology of disease
b. Etiology and risk factors – 20 points/20%
- Common causes of the disease or condition
- Risk factors for the disease or condition
- Impact of age
- Prevalence based on gender,
- Influence of environment
- Genetic basis of disease
- Lifestyle influences
- All information supported by current literature
c. Pathophysiological processes – 20 points/20%
- Describes changes occurring at the cellular, tissue, and/or organ level that contribute to the disease
- Describes adaptation of the cells and body in response to the disease.
- Relates disease processes to manifested signs and symptoms.
d. Clinical manifestations and complications – 20 points/20%
- Describes the physical signs and symptoms that are important in considering the presence of the disease.
- Identifies signs that contribute to diagnosis of the condition
- Identifies symptoms that contribute to diagnosis of the condition.
- Identifies complications of the disease.
- Discusses the implications to the patient when complications are left untreated.
e. Diagnostics – 10 points/10%
- Includes list of common laboratory and diagnostic tests used to determine the presence of the disease.
- Discusses the significance of test findings in relation to the disease process.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here