part 1: Identifying Key Characteristics of Big Band Era Music — 1940s to 1950s
Review these resources about Big Band Era Music:
Research to find answers to these two questions — your answers should be at least 100 words each, and you’ll need to include a works-cited entry for one source for each question– this is a source that you used to find the information you used to answer the question. You need to use credible academic sources — avoid Wikipedia or any type of encyclopedia and don’t reuse the sources listed above..
- How did racial segregation affect music in the Big Band Era?
- What are the major elements or characteristics of music of the Big Band Era?
1) At least a 100-words that answer question 1
Citation for the information you used to answer question 1
2) At least a 100-words that answer question 2
Citation for the information you used to answer question 2
Use MLA Style for MLA citation
Part 2: Discussing Big Band Era Music
Listen to the following: (I attached the links in word doc)
Choose one of these selections and discuss it using what you learned in Learning about Music and Identifying Key Characteristics of Big Band Era Music – your discussion needs to be at least 150 words. Be sure to discuss what you see as the unique elements of music represented in your selection.
part 3: Comparing and Contrasting Music
First, review your work on:
- Learning about Music
- Identifying the Characteristics of Ragtime Music — you will need to find, use, and cite at least one reliable source about the characteristics of Ragtime Music for this project.(you might use a source from this assignment.)
- Identifying the Characteristics of Big Band Era Music — you will need to find, use, and cite at least one reliable source about the characteristics of Big Band Era Music for this project (you might use a source from this assignment.)
Then, select one piece of Ragtime Music and one piece of Big Band Era Music and examine them, focusing on their relations/ connections to their eras.
- DO NOT select a piece that has appeared or been used in the earlier assignments
Then, you’ll examine them, focusing on their relations/ connections to their eras.
- Be sure to choose pieces that fall within the era (the years are in the title of the Identifying assignments.)
When you are ready, compare and contrast your two works as examples of Music. Your comparison/contrast will need to be at least 300-words long and will need to cite and use at least one reliable, academic source about the characteristics of EACH of the eras (two sources minimum)
- Be sure that your sources are ABOUT the works or eras — you don’t just want a source that shows where you found your work.
- Be sure to discuss the unique and important elements of the eras exhibited by your pieces in your comparison/contrast.– this is where you will use your sources to establish the characteristics of the humanity in the era
- Be sure that this work is your own — do not include long quotations from your source and do not use any information or material without correctly citing it.
- I’d suggest discussing each work and its era first and then moving your focus to comparing and contrasting the two works.
please find attached files for more details
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here