1. Write a program that takes two strings S and T and outputs an optimal alignment inO(|S||T|) time, displayed as in the lecture notes. For example, if S = AGATACATCA andT = GATTAGATACAT, then an optimal alignment isAGAT-ACAT-CA–GATTAGATACAT(I think). You need not analyze your algorithm nor prove it correct.
2. Write a linear-time dynamic-programming algorithm for https://leetcode.com/problems/maximum-subarray and EXPLAIN IT.(It’s not hard to find code online, but most of the explanations are terrible. Remember, ifyou can’t explain your answer, there’s a problem!)
3. Suppose your professor has assigned a “profit” to each of several indivisible food items,expressing how much he likes each item. He’s now filling his knapsack and trying to selectitems to maximize the total profit. The food items are light but bulky, so the key constraintnow is the volume the knapsack can hold, rather than the weight. Even though the food itemscannot be cut, they can be squashed, which reduces their volume by a factor of 2 — but alsoreduces their profit by a factor of 2 (since squashed food is not as appetizing).Write a dynamic-programming algorithm that runs in time polynomial in the number of itemsand the capacity of the knapsack (in litres) and tells your professor which food items to selectand, of the selected ones, which ones to squash. You can assume the knapsack’s capacity andthe original volume in litres of each item are integers. Explain why your algorithm is correct.
4. Write pseudo-code — you don’t have to code this — for an O(n log n) time algorithm thattakes a sequence of n integers and finds the longest slowly increasing subsequence (LSIS),where an LSIS is a sequence in which each number after the first is larger than it’s predecessorbut not by more than 10. Explain why your algorithm is correct.
5. Modify the code in the lecture notes (to be posted by June 21st) for building an optimalbinary search tree such that it runs in O(n2) time instead of O(n3) time. You need notanalyze your algorithm nor prove it correct.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here