https://reliableessays.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Class-Assignments-Logo-300x70.png 0 0 Gatei https://reliableessays.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Class-Assignments-Logo-300x70.png Gatei2021-07-28 19:13:322021-07-28 19:13:32Concorde Career College Red Cabbage Strength of An Acid Base and pH Discussion
- Chop the cabbage into small pieces until you have about 2 cups of chopped cabbage. Place the cabbage in a large glass container and add boiling water to cover the cabbage. Allow at least ten minutes for the color to leach out of the cabbage. (Alternatively, you can place about 2 cups of cabbage in a blender, cover it with boiling water, and blend it.) You might want to complete this step outside as it can be kind of smelly.
- Filter out the plant material to obtain a red-purple-bluish colored liquid. This liquid is at about pH 7. (The exact color you get depends on the pH of the water.)
- Add various household solutions to your indicator until a color change is obtained. Use separate containers for each household solution – you don’t want to mix chemicals that don’t go well together
- Complete all of the following:
- Create a chart that shows what household chemicals you tested, the color they each turned when you added the red cabbage juice, and your estimated pH. To get the estimated pH’s refer to the chart shown to the right:**If you completed the virtual lab, you will not be able to give an exact pH. Just state whether it was an acid or a base.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here